Monday, May 11, 2015

Book Review: The Forbidden Flats by Peggy Eddleman

Title: The Forbidden Flats (Sky Jumpers #2)
Author: Peggy Eddleman
Enjoyment Rating: ***
Source: Digital Copy
Content Alert: A clean read

I usually don't have many good things to say about the second book in a dystopian action trilogy, but Peggy Eddleman's Sky Jumpers: The Forbidden Flats is an exception to my (highly prejudiced) rule. In this book, the bomb's breath that threatens White Rock is descending, and Hope, Brock, and Aaren leave their home in Kansas to travel to the Rocky Mountains in an effort to find an antidote to the poison that will soon overtake them. The book has plenty of action and adventure, but my favorite part of the story was Hope's relationship with her birth family, whom she discovered along the way. I think it's common for authors to develop characters in their first novels, but I loved seeing Hope's character change in important ways in The Forbidden Flats.

No comments: