Friday, March 9, 2012

San Francisco (Day 1)

This morning I woke up with a cramp in my leg at 4:15. My alarm was set for 4:45 and I thought I'd get a few more minutes of sleep, but I woke Ed up when I ran screaming from the bed and then it was all over. No more sleeping for us.

Then I ran 19.5 miles. Last long run for who knows how long. I'm lucky to have the best running buddies. All three totally spoiled me with baby hair bows, toys for the plane, and fancy chocolate.

Then we had to say goodbye to these sweet faces.










The flight to San Francisco was uneventful, aside from the guy sitting behind us who talked the entire two hours at full volume. Annie did homework.




Once in San Francisco we took BART downtown, then hopped on a cable car to Fisherman's Wharf.



The Powell-Hyde Car


Where they ten the cars around.


On the cable car


Lombard Street


Alcatraz

And then we ate:



Waiting for cioppino


Worth the trip!

Today has been great-- totally relaxing and fun. Even if the rest of the trip is insane, today was a wonderful start.

Next up: Hong Kong!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Blue said...

You blogging your way around the world=just classic Shelah. I'm on my way home. Will be having some MareSnuggle time soon. Loves to you! Thanks