Monday, March 12, 2012

Introducing Rose!

I was prepared for tears. For silence. For a girl retreated within herself. And maybe that will come tomorrow or the next day or when we get home. I was not prepared for an easy afternoon with a little girl who came to us quietly and curiously, who laughed with us when we stripped her down to her t-shirt and blew raspberries on her tummy, who took her bottle while she looked into my eyes and played with my hair, who loved her bath, and fell asleep snuggling with her daddy. I know that some days will be hard, but today was blissful. We felt your prayers and thank you for them.

And with no further ado, I'm delighted to present our first pictures of Rose.















Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yay!!! You have Rose! She looks smaller than she did the other day :) I agree, she had looked a lot bigger in those pictures. She is darling, I'm so glad things went well and you have her in your arms now! What joyful praises!!

Ang said...

Hooray! She's beautiful, and I'm so thrilled for you and your family. Congratulations!

Blue said...

Lovely! Wonderful! What a perfect start for your lives together!!!! ♥

Blue said...

Also, that picture of Rose and her daddy is so sweet! You can almost sense what a lovely relationship they're going to have with each other. ♥

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad the first meeting was wonderful. Rose is beautiful. And now she's yours!

Terry Mastny said...

After counting the months, then days, then hours, and finally minutes the time has come at last....your waiting is over and your little Rose is about to bloom in her new family. We love her so-o-o-o-much already!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled for you. After so many months of waiting it hardly seems real.

Courtney said...

so, so happy for you.

Sarah said...

It must feel so good to hold her....finally. Thanks for sharing this beautiful journey with us. Congratulations!

Andrea R said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! So happy for you! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I don't think I was prepared for the tears... what a sweet, sweet little girl. I am so happy for you all that you are finally together!!

Selwyn said...

Delighted for you all!

Laura said...

Yea! We are so excited! What a dream come true for you and your AMAZING family!

smart mama said...

yay rose- big kisses from aunt les

Anonymous said...

We are so so happy for you all and Rose is just beautiful. In many ways, this day is her birth day -- her first with her forever family. Tears here and lots of love. We can't wait to meet her!
Love, (Gr)annie, Tom and Bethy

Sarita said...

Yay, so happy for you guys!!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I have chills! I'm so happy for you guys.

Carina said...

She's absolutely darling! I want to squeeze her!

Emily M. said...

She's just beautiful. Congratulations! So glad the first day went well.