Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book #30: Innocent Traitor

Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane GreyTitle: Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey
Author: Alison Weir

I read this book at the beginning of January and just realized now that it was buried deep in my list of draft posts. Woo hoo! One more book to add to the list. This was a pretty good one-- the different voices in the audiobook added a lot of texture to the experience, and I feel that I know and understand (the 21st century interpretation) of the motives of Jane Grey and her family in their attempts to put Jane on the throne of England. I read this book shortly after Wolf Hall and although they take place at roughly the same time and include the same cast of characters, and Wolf Hall was much better reviewed, I felt much more connected to Jane Grey and her plight than I did to anyone in Wolf Hall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh, I'll have to pick this one up. I've always enjoyed Alison Weir and Lady Jane has been one of my favorites since that sexy movie in the 80s.