Monday, January 3, 2011

The main-floor bathroom

When I was uploading these pictures, Annie asked me, "Why the heck are you taking pictures of the bathroom, Mom?" I told her I wanted to put them on my blog, and she rolled her eyes at me like it was the lamest thing ever. But I do want to show off the cool new wall art here in the bathroom, and thank my mom for helping me put all of the fabric on the hoops (you may notice the fabric from the assorted projects we've done around the house since we moved in) and for meticulously cutting the excess off each one. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. In another room, I'd probably start hanging a little lower, but I do have two young boys, who tend not to have very good aim, so the bottom border here is pretty high.


13 comments:

emlouisa said...

I love love LOVE IT!!!!!! What a great idea! I'm SOO stealing it.

TJ said...

i love it too! i am going to remember this for when i actually own a house and where we won't move within two years.

Courtney said...

Love this! I have been talking about doing this in a room for a while but would never think to do it in a bathroom.

sheri said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!!! And I think you just helped me figure out how to decorate the wall near Kelly's bed after all these years! Living in an area with earthquakes, I've always been too paranoid to put up anything too heavy/dangerous. But these might just be the most perfect thing EVER!

Chelle said...

add me to the list of fans that love this idea! also add me to the list of fans stealing it for my bathroom. thank you!

smart mama said...

love it shelah
t looks fab
i have been wanting to do this for yrs ever since seeing it in a mag a while back- of course you beat me to the punch! i am so slow on ym decor projects!
must put down paintbrushes!!

Hildie said...

Darling!

Swimmingmom said...

love it shelah!

ellen said...

definitely not lame! i love it. i have fabric on canvases in my condo. i call it fabric art (or f-art).

KIKA said...

I'm totally LOVING it! and oh my goodness I'm still laughing from why you had to put the a little higher. I love all the fabrics! what a fun idea!

Lei said...

What a FABULOUS idea Shelah. Love it!!!

Becky said...

LOVE It! Fabulous fabric finds :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Darling! I will have to remember this someday. Look what you started...