Monday, July 26, 2010

What I should be doing... What I am doing...

We've been gone to Minnesota for nine days. If I were more organized, more of a go-getter, I'd be at the grocery store, buying milk and cereal and fresh fruits and vegetables. I'd be folding the five loads of laundry piled up in that mess of a laundry room downstairs.

Instead, I'm home, puttering around my blog. I could still justify the puttering if it were to publish cute pictures of my kids at Mount Rushmore and Target Field, the zoo and Mall of America (which Maren calls "South America"), playing with their cousins, swimming in the pool, and decapitating the pinata at the All-Family Birthday Party. But I'm not. I gave up taking pictures after the first day (rest assured, my mom more than made up for my default), and I came home with a phone full of video of stuffed animals and the Nebraska prairie and Isaac getting car sick, all courtesy of Bryce.

The trip was great-- no major mishaps (other than that speeding ticket in Wyoming), but I'm having a hard time psyching myself back up for real life. I spent two days getting ready to go, nine days organizing chaos while I was gone, and now it will take at least a few more days for life to return to normal. While I procrastinate the day of my repentance (or at least the day of my milk-buying), please notice that I haven't been completely idle-- I did reorganize the labels for all of my book posts. Now there will be no doubt in your mind which books I think really suck.

Because I can't get by with complete and utter laziness, here's one picture from the trip-- a teaser of a bigger and better recap that will come once the laundry is folded and the seven books I read while I was gone are reviewed.

3 comments:

Valarie said...

Was that ticket just outside Rawlins? If I had known you were going, I would have warned you.

Shelah said...

It was actually just outside of Casper. I guess the speed limit dropped to 65 and Eddie didn't see it.

Valarie said...

ah, yeah. I'm pretty sure we passed one in the same spot. I remember talking with Howie about how their cars are black (tricky, tricky).