Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hand-me-downs

This morning, this arrived:

So these got moved down here:

And now I have a vision of what I want to put on this wall (I'm going to go through my kids' memory bins and cull artwork-- then frame it and slap it up there):
 (I did not fold the blanket like that). Wow, that wall needs something, doesn't it?

But I still get overwhelmed thinking about what to do with all of this:

This was on the truck too (because who wants a boring tan recliner when you can have a hot lime green one?):
(whoops, I missed the tags).

The boring tan recliner from the bedroom and the blastedly uncomfortable love seat from the playroom were shifted to the treadmill room (you'll be glad to know I'm not running in an empty room anymore-- although there's still nothing to look at in the running cave):

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh -- I love, love it!!! Can't wait to see it in person ... Looks great. Is it still snowing there? I'll send you some 90 degree temps!

Patience said...

Wow! Everything is coming together. You're home looks like it could be featured in a magazine. Well done.

BAK said...

Hi Shelah, I've lurked around for a long time now, but I don't ever think I've commented. I am wondering: how did you cover the backs of your bookcases? Is it fabric or contact paper? I think I have the same ones from Ikea, but I LOVE the way yours look. Any tips? my email is beckykump at live dot com. Thanks!