Friday, June 18, 2010

Girls' Weekend Out

Every June I get together with some of my best friends for a girls' weekend. When most people think girls' weekend, they think good food, sleeping in, shopping, and hanging out by the pool.

We'll be eating out of the back of the van and running in the middle of the night. In a couple of hours, I'm off to run the Wasatch Back relay, a crazy race of about 190 miles, from Logan to Park City and all spots in between on the east side of the Wasatch. I love this race. It's the third year I've run it, and while I was pretty sure I'd never walk again after the first year, I always come back for more.

Are you running too? I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm runner 9 (my first time in van 2!), which means I get to do the first half of the big mountain climb, which we're scheduled to hit around high noon tomorrow. Sounds like the perfect girls' weekend to me!

6 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I'm always impressed at people who's idea of a fun weekend is running! Go go go! Enjoy!

(I'm coming over here after your post on Segullah today)

Patience said...

Have fun!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

glad the weather is cool[ish] for you. Good luck!

smart mama said...

can't wai tot tell you about it...

BAK said...

I was runner 2 in our van. I can't wait for next year!! I have been envious of everyone who did it in 2009 (when I discovered it through blogs!) and I've been waiting for it. So fun.

Caitlin Carroll said...

My runner husband did the Wasatch Back when we were dating three summers ago and has always wanted to run it again but we are always away (last summer in DC, this one in Egypt). One summer... we will stay in Utah and let him live out his running dreams. (I'm also coming over from Segullah... great post!)