Monday, February 8, 2010

Book #16: The Titan's Curse

Title: The Titan's Curse: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3
Author: Rick Riordan

I started this book last night after the kids went to bed and finished it this morning before they were up, so Rick Riordan's The Titan's Curse is definitely a page turner. It's the continuing saga of Percy Jackson, the half-human, half-Greek god kid who attracts trouble like moth to a flame. In this installment, he's off saving yet another friend from yet another crisis situation, once again traversing the country and finding out that there's a lot more supernatural stuff out there than he ever realized.

I don't have a lot to say about the book other than that I enjoyed it and my nine-year-old did too. I'll continue with the series because they're fun, quick reads, and they make me laugh. But they are what they are-- books written for pre-teens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that whole series. But YA books are kind of my thing these years. ;)

Sheree said...

Thanks for recommending these, Elise is loving the series. I didn't know if she would since she isn't really a Harry Potter fan, but I guess her little lamp on at midnight means that she is.

Blue said...

i finished Sea of Monsters on my trip last week, and Gator's almost done with it. is your oldest reading TC right now or should i get it from the library...cause i'm diggin' this series too. (i could have it back to him in a day or so) :-)

Shelah said...

Check your front porch, Miss Blue.