Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm going back to bed

Crappy moment #1: I love running outside in the morning, and especially love meeting my new running friends to put in 6 or 7 miles a few days a week. One of those days is Thursday. Last night Eddie told me he had a 7am meeting at work, so I got up this morning and endured the boredom of the treadmill for 6 miles instead. I came back upstairs at 7, and he was still in bed. Anyone who doesn't understand why I was mad hasn't spent enough time on a treadmill.

Crappy moment #2: The wheel falls off my jogging stroller as we enter Bryce's new school. The same school where Maren cried for at least 20 minutes yesterday afternoon because I had Isaac in our single stroller instead of her. I'm sure I'm making a great impression.

Crappy moment #3: Wheel back on the stroller, I can't find a way out of the school that doesn't involve a set of stairs. So I tackle them. Maren falls down an entire flight and face plants on the parking lot. She now has two scraped hands and a scraped chin.

Crappy moment #4: We get home, with plans to head to Ogden to buy a steal of a chair and some tables I found on KSL. I'd made arrangements with the lady on the phone yesterday and told her I would buy both. So I tell the kids that we're going to Krispy Kreme in Layton, grab drinks and diapers and all of the assorted paraphernalia we need, and call her for directions. She says someone offered her more than the asking price for the chair and her husband was selling it to the other lady. I would have paid the same price and bought the tables, and still felt like I was getting a steal. And besides, they were PERFECT for my living room. I even bought stuff at the Habitat going out of business sale yesterday in anticipation of buying the chair and the tables. So the kids still want Krispy Kreme, and I'm a mean mom for not driving them up to Layton just for the heck of it.

Humph!

6 comments:

Blue said...

my word. they say things happen in threes, so either you got a bonus, or you're in line for 2 more crappy things.

i'll be curious to see what happens next.

that's such a bummer about the table/chairs. here's to something better falling into your lap!

FoxyJ said...

Eat some chocolate before you go back to bed :)

One of my biggest peeves with trying to buy stuff from people is when they do that--so rude. At least she told you before you drove up there.

Meemer said...

that sounds pretty craptastic. and i'd be pretty steamed at all of those.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. And yes I'd go right back to bed.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Did you get the directions? I'm a good shot with eggs.....

artemisandollie said...

I hope that woman buys something on ebay, pays a ton in shipping, hates it and the store has gone out of business when she contacts them. I really do.