Friday, April 10, 2009

Trying to look on the bright side...

I've been in a pessimist funk lately. Half of the ward has houses on the market now, and it seems like everyone else's is getting action but mine. It's been on three and a half weeks and we've had four people through it. Which is about exactly 1/5 of the action others have had. What's the deal? Not sure, but keeping it show-ready all the time is certainly wearing.

So Eddie says I need to focus more on counting my blessings. Here's a sweet little story to share with you:

This morning the big kids had no school and I was determined to make it to the gym for an abs workout and a spinning class. We all got loaded up, left the house in plenty of time, turned onto our town's main road, sped up past a clunky truck, and shortly realized that it wasn't the truck that was clunking, it was me. So I pulled off the road, got out, and quickly saw that I had a completely flat tire. But lo and behold, what did I see right across the street? A car care center, which was already open at 7:50. They got us right on the lift, swapped out the bad tire (with a nail in the side?) for a new one, and we made it to the gym in time for the spinning class. If we'd skipped the gym this morning (which the kids wanted me to do), we wouldn't have known about the flat until we were on our way to Isaac's physical therapy appointment, which we would undoubtedly have missed.

So there you have it. Evidence of a tender mercy. I'd prefer my tender mercies to come in the form of offers on the house, but I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for tender mercies. And good luck with the house.

Afton said...

That's a great story, glad it wasn't two tires like that poor guy with the shady friends. Maybe they're your shady friends too...