Saturday, January 3, 2009

This is why I'll never be Miss Frugality...

Me (putting pizza dough in the food processor): Homemade pizza is SO much cheaper than Papa Johns. Did you realize that the markup is like 300 percent?

Him: uh huh.

Me: I mean, flour is maybe $.50, yeast about the same, a dollar each for a can of tomatoes and a can of olives, then three bucks for cheese, so it's about $6 to make three pizzas. When we buy two from Papa Johns and have them delivered, it's about $30.

Him: But the thin-crust pizza cooked in that industrial oven of theirs is about a hundred times better what you make.

Good thing he doesn't care if I'm frugal. And yes, we're still having homemade pizza tonight. I'm not that much of a spendthrift.

5 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

Oh my. Maybe you could talk him into buying you one of those ovens. Until that time, try monday nights, one topping large pizzas, $5.99, carry out. If they are still doing it. When I found out I was pregnant with Seth, we had pizza from Papa John's every Monday.

Alissa said...

that's the point where i'd have thrown down the dough, and picked up the phone.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I probably would have flipped the bird and gone out for dessert by myself.

smart mama said...

maybe he was around when making homemade rolls my dh asked why i didn't just do rhoades rolls?

Anonymous said...

I ditto Char LOL