Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tonight is a one verse night...

You know those nights when you can't bring yourself to read a whole conference talk in the Ensign or a whole chapter in the scriptures? When I was a teenager and still wanted to fill in the "100% scripture reader" sticker chart and I was just too beat to really read my scriptures, I'd just open my quad and read the first verse my eyes alighted upon. Back then, I think I often looked for some kind of special message that was intended for me to read that night. But it usually ended up being something like "For if the ablood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the bpurifying of the flesh" (wha???). Anyway, my point is, NaBloPoMo can be a long month, and tonight you, my fair readers, are getting the one-verse version of blog. I'm just checking in to say I'm here. A sick kid last night and a totally different sick kid today and an essay completed this afternoon have completely sapped me of any good blog.
1. short-lived stomach bugs
2. peers who will review
3. a husband home after 36 hours at the hospital (do you realize that's a whole work week for most people?)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you are doing pretty well. I only lasted a week.

smart mama said...

i am here to gice you your sticker for your chart

Anonymous said...

WTG!! I totally didn't even make it like 8 days or something pathetic!! And LOL at the one verse, that was always the kind of verse I ended up reading.

lyn said...

It is mile 17 of the NaBloPoMo marathon.... keep going! I have to admit, I'm hitting the wall, too.