Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The boy in blue

This morning Bryce and Annie woke up and got dressed for school. At the breakfast table, I joked with them about how they were both wearing, "Red State Red" and asked them if they were undergoing some deathbed repentance and throwing their weight behind McCain. Bryce rolled his eyes, as if to say, "You're so lame, Mom, and turned back to his chocolate milk." Annie lobbied unsuccessfully to go back upstairs and change into her navy polo dress.

An hour or so later, Isaac and I went upstairs to get him dressed for preschool. I had forgotten about the breakfast conversation, but Isaac started rifling through his underwear drawer for blue underpants. Satisfied by a pair with a blue waistband, he then requested a blue shirt, blue jeans and blue shoes. He was disappointed not to find any blue socks. Then he said, "Do you think Miss Annie will know I want to vote for Barack Obama?"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun!! My kids will get to see election stuff all day because their school is a polling place.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

So cute!

Queen of the Castle said...

My kids got the day off for the election, I think it's weird. Abby told me she wanted to vote for McCain because he has white hair. I guess that's a good reason for a five year old.

Courtney said...

We had a house divided. Seh is very pro-McCain and Ellie likes Barack Obama. The real question is what color Eddie was wearing ;)

lyn said...

I wore red this morning and didn't even think about the significance!! Thomas is very pro Obama. It is funny to hear him talk about his reasons. (he's young, I like him, etc, etc)

Shelah said...

Eddie is wearing a blue t-shirt. Of course he almost always wears blue t-shirts. And he's not the kind of guy to dress up for an event where clothes=psychology. Unless that event is a BYU football game.

Shelah said...

but maybe it's an unspoken sign that he's really an Obama supporter at heart. A girl can dream, can't she?

Anonymous said...

You go, Isaac! Love, Grannie

Courtney said...

I think Jeff and Eddie would get along - they appear to have the same priorities

lyn said...

I forgot to tell you... at the polling place at the swimming pool, there was a table supporting McCain. Their (handmade) sign said:

True Blue
McCain Palin

I laughed.