Friday, October 24, 2008

Anniversary

I'd be remiss if I didn't note that a year ago last week, Isaac was in the hospital with MRSA. Lots of people gave him double candy at the Trunk or Treat tonight since he missed it last year. I noticed tonight as he walked down the sidewalk next to me that he's limping so much less than he was even a month ago. It's been a long, slow road to recovery, but he's getting there. When I think back to how scared of losing him I was a year ago, it's hard to feel anything but grateful for having him with us today.
1. Healthy kids
2. Winning auctions!
3. New roofs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think about that sweet little boy who is so proud to be 4, I can't help but thank God that he is thriving one year later. I loved every minute of being with him and all of you this week.

Love, (Gr)Annie

Courtney said...

What a year for you and Isaac! It's great to hear how much better he is doing and yeah for double candy - heaven knows he deserves it.

Anonymous said...

So wonderful that he is doing well! And yay for candy

lyn said...

He was so cute in his costume - especially when he did his meerkat motions for me!! Yay for Isaac!!