Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Books caught up on the blog? Check.

You know what that means-- if it's summer and I've gotten caught up on my reading list, I'm probably on my way out of town. If you'd like a brief itinerary, here goes:

Thursday-- fly to Utah, hitch a ride up to Logan to hook up with the MOFIA Mommas
Friday-- run in the morning, run in the evening
Saturday-- run before dawn, run to the finish line, hang out with the MOFIA in Midway
Sunday-- hang out with my in-laws
Monday-- fly home (already?)
Tuesday-- laundry and serious packing
Wednesday-- leave for 2 1/2 weeks

I'll spare you the lengthy itinerary, but let's just say it involves more than 3000 miles in the car (in Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma) and trips to at least five zoos. It should be grueling. It always sounds like such a good idea in the planning stages, but when it actually comes time to take the trip, I feel like I'd rather stay home and let Noggin babysit the kids all summer while I hide out in my bedroom and read. So if I'm not around much, you can imagine me in my van somewhere in America's Heartland, threating any child who fights with her siblings with a custom-made seat on the roof rack, with a bungee cord for a seatbelt and all the bugs she can eat for dinner.

7 comments:

smart mama said...

have fun at WB wish I was there!

Blue said...

all that driving, at $5.00 a gallon. I don't envy ya! best of luck with the race this weekend, and have a wonderful road trip! ♥

Anonymous said...

When you get back from your trip, I would love to hear how you keep the 1 1/2 year old occupied in the car for that long. We are going on a driving trip next month, and we can occupy the older kids with DVD and video games, but have no idea what to do with the youngest (who is the same age as yours.)

Gabriela said...

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!! It was GREAT to see you at the WB!!!! You're so amazingly awesome. I love ya!

Lei said...

Hope you're enjoying your travels!

Anonymous said...

Happy Trails to you! It sounds like a total blast!