Monday, March 10, 2008

The Week in Training-- March 10-17

I've decided to reinstate my "Week in Training" posts now that the marathon is less than 7 weeks away. If it bores you, don't read it. I'm using the FIRST to the Finish training by the Furman Institute for Running and it's a much more intense training than I did last time.

Monday: 1 mile warmup, 6 sets of 3/4 mile sprints (9.8-9.9mph) followed by 1/4 mile jog (done)
Tuesday: abs and spinning (done! Took Isaac and Maren back to the gym daycare for the first time since October and it felt so liberating! I'm glad the 5am spin classes are part of my past!)
Wednesday: 10 miles at marathon pace (7:40 min/miles). I hope to have a chance to run outside and use my new Garmin! (done, at the gym, 8.2 mph pace)
Thursday: abs and spinning (done, along with 1 mile at a 5% incline at 8.5mph)
Friday: 15 miles (done-- 8.2 mph, 1/2 marathon pace 1:36!-- I love the gym daycare!)
Saturday: drive to Florida (still hoping for 3 miles of hills, but I won't be too broken up if it doesn't happen)

1 comment:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

You could run to Florida...

;)