Friday, March 28, 2008

Book #26: Chuck Klosterman IV


Title: Chuck Klosterman IV
Author: Chuck Klosterman (duh)

A compilation of interviews, columns and a part of a novel by Chuck Klosterman.

I like Chuck Klosterman. I think he's funny. He's a great writer. I've enjoyed most of his other books. But this one is a little weird. The first part, the part with the interviews and articles, is great. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about Billy Joel and Val Kilmer and Britney Spears and Steve Nash. It was fun. The columns (mainly reprints of stuff Klosterman had already published in Esquire) were fun too, although not as educational. The novel, well, the novel was just plain weird.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

I love your book reviews-it helps me to order books for my book club. Somebody is buying the boy soldier one right now. Looks kind of disturbing.