Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Back with pictures!






I've decided that there's nothing like going on a cruise to make you feel young again. When the average age of the cruisers is around 60, being in my mid-thirties made me feel like a baby. We also got to do lots of things that we haven't done in years-- sleep in late, have an adult conversation at the dinner table, and wear clean clothes all day long (you know, without snot or spitup or messy handprints on them). It was blissful. I read five books, spent lots of time in a chaise on the deck and in the hot tub, ran 32 miles, took a spinning class and a pilates class, was one of two sober passengers on a booze cruise, saw one of the seven wonders of the world, and climbed a mountain through the jungle. My only complaint-- not enough chocolate! Oh, and I did miss my kids a little bit. Enough that I'm glad to be home, but really happy that I had my husband all to myself for a whole week.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Looks like a super fun time! I want to go on a cruise.. maybe in a year or so. And I am reading the Appeal right now.

TJ said...

you look great in those pictures!! maybe i would too if i took up running....almost makes me want to. but nope. sorry.:) what books did you read?

smart mama said...

jealous!!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

wait....we're MID thirties?

Mattsmom said...

Looks like HEAVEN! You look great! I am seriously wishing we had cruised this year!