Thursday, January 24, 2008

A stage of babyhood our parents never had to endure...

If you've called my house lately and gotten sent straight to voice mail, chances are that the phone is off the hook. Maren is fascinated with all telephones, remotes, cameras and other small electronic devices. I've been writing some copy for our school yearbook, and can only do that (and my blogging) during her naptime, because otherwise she sits on my lap and bangs on the keyboard. She's also called her grandparents numerous times

It must have been easier when I was a baby back in the 1970s, when phones were attached to the wall with a cord, cameras weighed too much for the average American toddler to carry, children served as remote controls, and personal computers were still about ten years in the future.

Here's a series of pictures of my tech-savvy baby:

I don't want to be in the pictures, lady-- I want to take the pictures!


"Oh yes, Mimi, I am quite the artist!"


Call me M.C. Miner. I mix the tunes, switching from High School Musical to Eminem with ease.


Looking for the home row.


Am I woman enough to handle two phones at once?

I wish I could blame her for sending Eddie's cell phone through the wash today. Unfortunately, that blame lies squarely on me.

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

That's so cute! Pedro loves to get his grubby little hands on my cell phone and open it up so he can see his picture. She's so big! I can't believe Pedro will be like that in a couple of months. Time flys...

Anonymous said...

Mine is doing the same thing! Toy phones just won't cut it either. We finally plugged in an old cordless phone but didn't not hook it into the phone line and now she can play with "her" phone. Her brothers get so frustrated when she changes the channel.

Nicole said...

I've so been there! and lol about the cell phone, they're never quite the some after that...um not that I would know...

Amber said...

I've heard from a friend of a friend who may have or have not washed her cell phone in her pocket that if you take the battery out and leave the phone open and sitting on the dryer while you run laundry for the next day or so that it will work just fine when you put it back together. Not that I'd know from personal experience... (or maybe so).

One is such a cute age- but such a struggle to keep them out of stuff at the same time!

ditndetes said...

So cute! I'm loving the pics!