Sunday, September 9, 2007

Book #47: Fatal Distraction: Or How I Conquered My Addiction to Celebrities and Got a Life


Title: Fatal Distraction: Or How I Conquered My Addiction to Celebrities and Got a Life
Author: Emmi Fredericks
Just don't even bother reading it. I'm so embarrassed because the first twenty pages or so weren't awful, so I recommended it to a friend who shares my addiction to Star magazine and Entertainment Weekly. But after the first twenty pages, it takes a serious nosedive. The protagonist, Eliza, doesn't have a life because she's obsessed with celebrities. And apparently, it's not too easy to write a book about someone who doesn't have much of a life. In fact, the book was so bad that when Sunday came around (my one nod to the sabbath day is that I won't read trashy magazines) I set the book aside, 2/3 read, and on Monday, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Maybe Eliza dumped her boring, awful friends and got herself a life, but I just don't care.

No comments: