Monday, August 20, 2007

Week in Training: August 20-25

This is the last week with the kids home for the summer, and I'm trying to get the fall schedule re-established. So here's the first week of what I hope will become my fall workout schedule:

Monday: 4.25 mile run, focusing on speedwork
Tuesday: spin class followed by 1800yd swim (3x500 yd free, 2x100yd IM, 100 yd breaststroke)
Wednesday: 7 miles outside
Thursday: spin class with no swimming
Friday: 4.25 mile run, focusing on hills
Saturday: 8 miles, which is shorter than I was hoping and in my neighborhood, but it was better than nothing, which is what I almost got

Running total: 23.5 miles
Other stuff: 2 spin classes, 1800yd swim

The scale shows this morning that I gained two pounds in the last week. I'm not exactly sure how that happened since I haven't been eating any differently in the last week. When we got takeout on Saturday night I even got a salad (well, a cobb salad, so full of avocado and blue cheese, with fried green beans as an appetizer). Weird. So I'm also going to try to be really good with my food this week and hope I can get back to normal.

1 comment:

Christi said...

About the weight gain - it is kind of one of the bad side effects of running a marathon. It just happens. It happened to me and everyone else I know who has trained for a marathon. Also say goodbye to any hopes of weight loss. You will hit a plateau.

Just chalk it up to muscle. = )

Good luck with the marathon